Chemically Cross-Linked Polyethylene Foam is an extremely fine-celled foam, ideal for projects and applications that require thicker foam. ... With its closed cell density, XLPE works well commercially as thermal insulation, construction expansion joints and industrial gaskets.
With its closed-cell density, XLPE foam performs well commercially as industrial gaskets, thermal insulation, and construction expansion joints.
XPE foam is a strong, resilient closed-cell PE foam, produced via compounding, extrusion, foaming process. Ideally suited to the material or part where requiring a shock absorbing, vibration dampening, thermal insulation, and as a material for cushioning products in packaging applications. Polyethylene foam's excellent buoyancy allows it to be used in flotation equipment and devices.
As previously mentioned, cross-linked polyethylene foam is also commonly used in the packaging industry as well as in floatation devices — thanks to its high buoyancy and low moisture permeability.
A few of the most common applications of cross-linked polyethylene foam include:
- Building and construction of special application playground padding, eaves filler strips, and more.
- General industrial applications for radar spacers, appliance insulation and gaskets, protective padding, and artifact protective packaging solutions.
- Transportation industry for glass packaging, automotive pads for anti-rattling, waterproof cushions, marine bumpers and buoys, and gaskets.
- Health care industry for prosthetic padding, orthopedic padding, suture counters, wheelchair pads, and more.
- Sports and leisure industry for body armor, Kayak construction, personal watercraft seats, shoulder straps for backpacks, and more.